Why Responsive Web Design is the Marketing of the Future

Website design agency

As the web expands, it’s also getting smaller. So small, in fact, that it can easily fit in your backpack — or even in your back pocket. That’s due to the massive influx of smartphone and tablet technology that’s allowing users to take the web with them wherever they go. Yes, the entire internet has become entirely portable.

But in order to roll with these changes, a web-based businesses has to become mobile, too. This is how a responsive web design company makes its money. Indeed, it seems that any responsive web design company is the key to the future of internet marketing, but how does all that work, exactly? It’ll help to understand that…

The mobile web is continuously expanding.

Right now, over a billion people throughout the world are now using a mobile device to access the internet. Both smartphones and tablets have taken the planet by storm, changing regular web users’ habits in the process. Instead of sitting down to a desktop monitor and using the web to access the outer world, mobile users now take the web with them on the go — bringing it into their inner worlds in the process.

OK, so what does that mean for online businesses?

It’s not just web-based products and services providers that need to be concerned with responsive web design — it’s every website. Right now, only about 26% of small businesses use the mobile web to promote their operation, and that’s a problem for the other 74%. As the internet goes mobile, so, too, must internet marketing. This is what a responsive web design company specializes in.

Right, but what does that mean, exactly?

Consider that one-third of mobile users don’t like to waste time waiting for a website to load as they browse the mobile web. If you’re on the other end of that interaction (as the small business), you’ve just lost some money, not to mention a huge opportunity. That’s why an online web design company can help your site reach its optimum level of being mobile-friendly, saving you future heartaches in the process.

So you’re saying users tend to give those optimized websites more attention?

Exactly! A Google study found that 67% of mobile users are more likely to purchase from a site if its content is mobile-friendly. That makes sense when you think about when users are doing the actual purchasing. In a lot of situations, it’s not at home or work with a reliable WiFi connection — it’s on the go. Opening up your pathways to user interaction will almost always lead to increased purchases from those users. When you think about it, it only makes the most logical sense. Get more on this here. Read more: inflexioninteractive.com

Leave a Reply